Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I don't know if I arranged it so my payments are paid electronically from my bank account, or if I need to write checks. Help! How can I figure this out?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

I don't know if I arranged it so my payments are paid electronically from my bank account, or if I need to write checks. Help! How can I figure this out?

@stephanie-winnar 

First, log into your tax account and make sure your Federal and State tax forms have been "accepted" after you e-filed them.  IF they were rejected, then nothing went thru...

IF accepted, download a new PDF file of your full tax return set, and look in the PDF for the separate Federal and  State "Electronic Filing Instructions..." sheets....  IF the Debit was arranged, then they should look like the pictures below.  (note that many states do not allow you to arrange a D.Debit at the time you e-file, and want you to pay separately).  Check the date, Account, and Routing numbers for accuracy too.

Federal

00_DirDebit_Fed_EFile_Instructions.png

State (NC example)

00_DirDebit_NC2018_EFile_Instructions.png

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies