m-luevano

I don't know how to count how many sales are on my 1099-B form;there are two different lines, so I can assume two, or do I count the numbers in "Description of Property"?

DaveF1006

When you say two lines, could these be for long-term sales or short term sales? The question is, how many transactions are there or how many descriptions of property are there?

m-luevano

There is one line for short-term sales and one for long-term. My confusion is just that I only withdrew money from that account once, so to my uneducated mind, that's just one transaction. 

npierson7

It does not matter if you withdrew your money of left it in your account. If the sale of securities caused loss or gain, it is taxable event.