Solved: I do not have a qualifying child, how did I get EIC?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I do not have a qualifying child, how did I get EIC?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

You do not have to have a qualifying child to get the Earned Income Credit (EIC).

• You may be eligible for EIC if both your earned income and Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) do not exceed $14,820 ($20,330 if filing jointly);
  • You (or your jointly filing spouse) must have been born on or after January 1, 1950; and
  • You (or your jointly filing spouse) must have been born on or before December 31, 1990; and
  • You (and your jointly filing spouse) cannot be claimed as a qualifying child or dependent on anyone else's return.

Related information:

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You do not have to have a qualifying child to get the Earned Income Credit (EIC).

• You may be eligible for EIC if both your earned income and Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) do not exceed $14,820 ($20,330 if filing jointly);
  • You (or your jointly filing spouse) must have been born on or after January 1, 1950; and
  • You (or your jointly filing spouse) must have been born on or before December 31, 1990; and
  • You (and your jointly filing spouse) cannot be claimed as a qualifying child or dependent on anyone else's return.

Related information:

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings