turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Carolemb43
Returning Member

I do not have a 1099R from Bank of America, just the mortgage interest statement No. 1098

Should I have a 1099R from Bank of America if I have accounts there?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Carolemb43
Returning Member

I do not have a 1099R from Bank of America, just the mortgage interest statement No. 1098

I did not work for wages last year and mistakenly put that retirement income amount in my page a s Wages.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

A 1099R is a document you receive if you took money out of a retirement account or if you received income from a pension or annuity.   It has nothing to do with your mortgage.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Carolemb43
Returning Member

I mistakenly listed my retirement income for Wages and Income.  I did not work for Wages, so they doubled the amount of $32689.44 twice to say I made some $78,000 last year.  Please correct that for me.

Carolemb43
Returning Member

I did not work for wages last year and mistakenly put that retirement income amount in my page a s Wages.

@Carolemb43 No one has access to your account or your tax return.   No one can make corrections for you.    You have to make your own corrections.

If you have NOT e-filed yet, then delete the data you entered as a W-2.    If you  received a 1099R then it has to be entered as follows:

To enter your retirement income, Go to  Federal> Wages and Income>Retirement Plans and Social Security>IRA  401 k) Pension Plan Withdrawals to enter your 1099R.

If you already e-filed with this error, you have to wait for the return to be fully processed and then amend the return.

Did you e-file?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

if you already filed and it was accepted, you'll have to file an amended return. expect it to take  4 to 6 months t process. 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies