eliz-hope

I didn't claim an EIC?

I don't believe I claimed or filed for an EIC? However, on line 42a of my 1040A - there's a small amount listed?

I don't know why, but I do know it could hold my refund up...does anyone know why or how this happened?

I didn't claim an EIC?

If you qualify for Earned Income Credit, TurboTax will usually figure it for you to maximize your refund; AFAIK that's been true since the early days of TurboTax. What changed this year is an Act of Congress now requires *ALL* refunds that include EIC to be held till after February 15 as an anti-fraud measure. (Latest word is the IRS will post deposit dates by the 18th, and not to expect refunds till the week of the 27th.)

I didn't claim an EIC?

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing