turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

eliz-hope

I didn't claim an EIC?

I don't believe I claimed or filed for an EIC? However, on line 42a of my 1040A - there's a small amount listed?

I don't know why, but I do know it could hold my refund up...does anyone know why or how this happened?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I didn't claim an EIC?

If you qualify for Earned Income Credit, TurboTax will usually figure it for you to maximize your refund; AFAIK that's been true since the early days of TurboTax. What changed this year is an Act of Congress now requires *ALL* refunds that include EIC to be held till after February 15 as an anti-fraud measure. (Latest word is the IRS will post deposit dates by the 18th, and not to expect refunds till the week of the 27th.)

View solution in original post

1 Reply

I didn't claim an EIC?

If you qualify for Earned Income Credit, TurboTax will usually figure it for you to maximize your refund; AFAIK that's been true since the early days of TurboTax. What changed this year is an Act of Congress now requires *ALL* refunds that include EIC to be held till after February 15 as an anti-fraud measure. (Latest word is the IRS will post deposit dates by the 18th, and not to expect refunds till the week of the 27th.)
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies