Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

New furnace home office

installed a new furnace in my home.  I also have a home office, where should I enter the cost of the new furnace in my business summary?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DS30

New furnace home office

You can take an extra depreciation deduction for any capital improvements that affect your entire home using the same percentage as your home office deduction.

You would add an asset under the home office asset summary section under the home office expense under business expenses. (see screenshots).

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DS30

New furnace home office

You can take an extra depreciation deduction for any capital improvements that affect your entire home using the same percentage as your home office deduction.

You would add an asset under the home office asset summary section under the home office expense under business expenses. (see screenshots).

New furnace home office

TurboTax DeeS,  this was helpful to a point.  When you try to add an asset from your set second screenshot none of the options provided meets the type of asset (new central HVAC) being added

New furnace home office

@don You added a comment to a two year old thread, where it is unlikely to be seen by the the orginal person who responded to the original question.  If you have a question about your home office, start your own new question in a new thread.
**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

New furnace home office

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies