turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

vmd
Level 2

I co-signed a mortgage for my daughter to purchase an investment property in another state. How do I deduct the travel expenses to attend the closing

Her purchase was residential units.  After the closing, I helped make the unit ready for rent.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I co-signed a mortgage for my daughter to purchase an investment property in another state. How do I deduct the travel expenses to attend the closing

I don't think you can deduct that.  Unless she pays  you as a independent contractor for it.  

View solution in original post

@vmd I agree with @VolvoGirl that these expenses are not deductible. you signed on the mortgage but don't own the property itself. 

View solution in original post

4 Replies

I don't think you can deduct that.  Unless she pays  you as a independent contractor for it.  

@vmd I agree with @VolvoGirl that these expenses are not deductible. you signed on the mortgage but don't own the property itself. 

vmd
Level 2

Thank you.   That was my belief, too.  I did have an interesting visit to a city I was not familiar with.

vmd
Level 2

Thank you

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies