turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

budwiser

How do I add my tax preparation fee in the new 2018 tax format? All the Q&A's are two years old and not worth reading.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How do I add my tax preparation fee in the new 2018 tax format? All the Q&A's are two years old and not worth reading.

You mean, how do you deduct last year's prep fee as an itemized deduction?  You can't, at least not on your federal return.  All miscellaneous itemized deductions subject to the 2% rule were eliminated by tax reform.  If that would be deductible on your state return, there should be a screen that says, "some deductions may be allowed by your state that are not allowed on your federal return.  You can enter those deductions here."  It may not be ready yet, it is taking longer than usual to get the program updated for all the new tax law changes.

My question is for 2018, ok.

I bought tax software in 2018.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies