I am working on my return. If I add charitable don...

MatsonT

I am working on my return. If I add charitable donations, I get a bigger fed return but smaller state. can I remove from state forms and keep on fed?

When you get to whatever state interview you have to do it may be possible to choose to take the standard deduction on the state but use the itemized deduction on the fed ... complete the state interview to see. 

MatsonT

I checked with product support. This is not a function that you can do inside the software. Also, checked with a CPA who instructed it is better not to do so as the State would recognize the issue within a year or two and ask for the difference.