Solved: I am using a standard mileage deduction for my business car. Can I also deduct the maintence costs and the vehicle registration costs or not?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helaman48

I am using a standard mileage deduction for my business car. Can I also deduct the maintence costs and the vehicle registration costs or not?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Lilly Peck
Level 4

I am using a standard mileage deduction for my business car. Can I also deduct the maintence costs and the vehicle registration costs or not?

If you choose the standard mileage rate, you cannot deduct actual car operating expenses. That means you can't deduct maintenance and repairs, gasoline and its taxes, oil, insurance, and vehicle registration fees.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Lilly Peck
Level 4

If you choose the standard mileage rate, you cannot deduct actual car operating expenses. That means you can't deduct maintenance and repairs, gasoline and its taxes, oil, insurance, and vehicle registration fees.

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings