Solved: I am using a standard mileage deduction for my business car. Can I also deduct the maintence costs and the vehicle registration costs or not?

helaman48

I am using a standard mileage deduction for my business car. Can I also deduct the maintence costs and the vehicle registration costs or not?

Lilly Peck

If you choose the standard mileage rate, you cannot deduct actual car operating expenses. That means you can't deduct maintenance and repairs, gasoline and its taxes, oil, insurance, and vehicle registration fees.

Lilly Peck