Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am trying to claim the home energy tax credit. I installed a new high efficiency furnace and AC, however, there is no place to put the cost for the AC, only the furnace

There is only listed
1. Exterior Doors
2. Exterior Windows
3. Metal or asphalt roof
4. Insualtion material or system
5. Enery-efficient building property
6. Advances main air circulating fan used in a natural gas, propane, or oil furnace
7.Furnaces and hot water boilers powered by
natural gas, propane or oil 

8. Solar electric costs 
9. Solar water heating costs
10. Small wind energy property
11. Geothermal heat pump property
12. Biomass fuel property 
13. Fuel cell property costs (for your main home) 
14. Kilowatt capacity of fuel cell property
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

I am trying to claim the home energy tax credit. I installed a new high efficiency furnace and AC, however, there is no place to put the cost for the AC, only the furnace

The correct category for the new AC is "Energy Efficient Building Property."  You can click the "Learn More" link to see the qualifications for each category.  

As for the Central AC:  A central air conditioner that achieves the highest efficiency tier that has been established by the CEE as in effect on January 1, 2009.

• Split system central air conditioner that achieves the highest efficiency CEE tier as of January 1, 2009 (16 SEER; 13 EER)
  • Packaged central air conditioner that achieves the highest efficiency CEE tier as of January 1, 2009 (14 SEER; 12 EER)
  • Split system electric heat pump that achieves the highest efficiency CEE tier as of January 1, 2009 (8.5 HSPF; 12.5 EER; 15 SEER)
  • Packaged electric heat pump that achieves the highest efficiency CEE tier as of January 1, 2009 (8.0 HSPF; 12.0 EER; 14 SEER)
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies