jacqueline-rice8

I am being asked to put a value for schedule c in regards to self-employment income and expenses. I do not know what this is. It will not allow me to efile because of it.

Does it want the 6 digit code for your business?

jacqueline-rice8

Not that I can tell. 

RayW7

It may be referring to the business code in your Business profile.

Business codes are used by the IRS to categorize your business for statistical purposes only. The code you enter won't affect the outcome of your tax return.

When your set up your business in TurboTax, you'll eventually come to the Enter Your Business Code screen.

Select Lookup Business Codes, enter some keywords that describe your business (for example, day care, bookkeeping, door-to-door), and then select Search.

Select the code that most closely resembles your business's activities. If you can't find a code that applies, you can enter 999999.