Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am Argentinian F1 student, living in New York. In 2023 I spent +60 days in US. I have an AIRBNB income from Argentina to my US account, do I have to pay taxes here?

My AIRBNB income is from renting my home in Argentina but payed to my US account.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I am Argentinian F1 student, living in New York. In 2023 I spent +60 days in US. I have an AIRBNB income from Argentina to my US account, do I have to pay taxes here?

If you are a non-resident alien, your return must be filed on Form 1040NR, which cannot be prepared using TurboTax.  You can use TT’s partner, sprintax:

https://www.sprintax.com/non-resident-alien-tax-1040nr-turbotax.html

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

If you are a resident of the US then all income that you earn anywhere is taxable here.  The good news - any taxes that you pay in Argentina are deductible on your US return so you won't pay tax on it twice.  The bad news - you still have to file a tax return and report it.

@mercedeslategana 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies