Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jonis3401

I am an Independent Designer with Origami Owl. Do I need a Tax ID # and a business license to claim deductions on taxes?

I receive a 1099-Misc if I make enough in commission. But do I need tax ID # and a license since it is an internet business which I sell for? and I file a schedule C form at the end of the year for dedications and income. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am an Independent Designer with Origami Owl. Do I need a Tax ID # and a business license to claim deductions on taxes?

generally a  federal tax id# is not required but you may want to get one to avoid having to give out your social security number.

business license  is a wide open question,  it may be required if you are required to collect sales tax and if so you may need a federal id#.    in other cases, if you are required to collect sales tax you may only be required to get a sales tax license.  some state have a requirement that you must either have a sales tax bond or put up a deposit with the state's sales tax dept.

your best option to find out all your tax requirements is to consult with a tax pro in your area.    

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies