My brokerage account is in EUR in France.
I don't get a 1099-DIV.
1) Do I report the dividends on the "Dividends on 1099-DIV" section?
I looked at this section but it asks for the boxes on the 1099-DIV which I don't have.
2) As for converting EUR to USD.
a) Should I convert the amounts using the exchange rate at the date I received the dividend or the exchange rate at the end of the year?
b) What service should I use to get the exchange rate?
1. Yes - please use the data entry as if you received Form 1099-DIV
2. a - use the exchange rate when you receive the dividend (or for foreign tax paid, if any, use the rate when you pay/accrue the tax)
2. b - please use the following link; scroll down...it lists government sources as well as outside sources for exchange rates:
Additional information, if you'd like: