How to list a charitable donation?

PatVenture

How to list a charitable donation?

I am a photographer and have photographed several events for non-profit organizations.  I delivered hundreds of digital images to the organizations free of charge.   They provided me with a letter stating they received the images as a donation with an amount of dollars worth.  How do I list these donations on my Federal Tax form? Do I use the "money" or "items"  category?   If the "item" category,  then what types?  

rjs

How to list a charitable donation?

Digital images would be items. But there is really nothing you can deduct. The deduction for donating items to a charity is limited to the fair market value or your cost, whichever is less. You can't deduct the value of your time or services, so your cost for producing the images is zero. Therefore you have no deduction.

DMarkM1

How to list a charitable donation?

You cannot take a charitable donation deduction to income for the value of your services.  You can't deduct something you never received; it was never income. 

Here is a link with more information.