Review the business asset section of your return. Review any assets added for the tax year you are completing your return. "Qualified property for Economic Stimulus" is property that qualifies for special depreciation deductions (Section 179 and Bonus Depreciation).
Material goods that generally qualify for the Section 179 Deduction
Please keep in mind that to qualify for the Section 179 Deduction, the equipment listed below must be purchased and put into use between January 1 and December 31 of the tax year you are claiming.
- Equipment (machines, etc) purchased for business use
- Tangible personal property used in business
- Business Vehicles with a gross vehicle weight in excess of 6,000 lbs (Section 179 Vehicle Deductions)
- Computer "Off-the-Shelf" Software
- Office Furniture
- Office Equipment
- Property attached to your building that is not a structural component of the building (i.e.: a printing press, large manufacturing tools and equipment)
- Partial Business Use (equipment that is purchased for business use and personal use: generally, your deduction will be based on the percentage of time you use the equipment for business purposes).
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I have the same problem. I did not choose yes to opt out and the program won’t let me change it l it has chosen all of my 3,;5,7, year properties to opt out l.i do have assets that meet all of he requirements. Can I just remove this form?
The question is how to choose NO to opt out of the election. TT Deluxe chose the opt out option for me and it won't let me change it to no. I do not want to opt. out. Please can anyone help me?
Economic Stimulus Qualified Property is any property that meets the following definition.
includes equipment and capitalized assets with a depreciable life of less than 20 years that is acquired and placed in service after September 27, 2017, and before January 1, 2023. so answer the question Y or N based on the above. you'll probably have to answer correctly to proceed. later, if you want, you can elect out of bonus and or section 179 depreciation.
I would say this is bad programming because if the acquisition, placed in service date, and depreciable life are answered about the asset before this question, TT should know the answer and not have to ask.
The previously depreciated That doesn’t make sense however it did give me the section 179=deduction..l
do you know how to get the program to enter all of my business assets in form 4797 sale of business assets and to figure the gain or loss and figure depreciation and recapture ? I retired from my home business and converted all of the assets to 100% personal use l I edited all of my assets and input all the information pertaining the the disposition b, however the program only entered 6 out of 20+ assets not fully depreciated yet.