Solved: How do I enter total lump sum of qualifying medical expenses rather than breaking them into categories like "prescriptions," "doc visits,""labs," etc?

ashley-nicole-we

How do I enter total lump sum of qualifying medical expenses rather than breaking them into categories like "prescriptions," "doc visits,""labs," etc?

AnnetteB

You can pick the category such as the one toward the end of the medical section where it asks about any other medical expense and allows you to list a description and an amount.  Then, enter a description such as 'total medical expense' and your total.

The different categories are there to remind you of everything that can be claimed as a medical expense.  Everything can be lumped together in one total except for the insurance costs, which need to be kept separate.

AnnetteB

ashley-nicole-we

Thank you so much.