turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I enter total lump sum of qualifying medical expenses rather than breaking them into categories like "prescriptions," "doc visits,""labs," etc?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

How do I enter total lump sum of qualifying medical expenses rather than breaking them into categories like "prescriptions," "doc visits,""labs," etc?

You can pick the category such as the one toward the end of the medical section where it asks about any other medical expense and allows you to list a description and an amount.  Then, enter a description such as 'total medical expense' and your total.

The different categories are there to remind you of everything that can be claimed as a medical expense.  Everything can be lumped together in one total except for the insurance costs, which need to be kept separate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AnnetteB
Intuit Alumni

You can pick the category such as the one toward the end of the medical section where it asks about any other medical expense and allows you to list a description and an amount.  Then, enter a description such as 'total medical expense' and your total.

The different categories are there to remind you of everything that can be claimed as a medical expense.  Everything can be lumped together in one total except for the insurance costs, which need to be kept separate.

Thank you so much.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies