austinjay801

How do I deduct my mileage, phone bill and parking fees for my job? My job says I can get $0.23 back on mileage.

NCperson

if you are a W-2 employee, no un-reimbursed business expenses can be deducted.  That is new effective 2018.

DianeC958

Under the current tax law, there is not a deduction for Employee Business Expenses for your Federal tax return unless you are an Armed Forces reservists, qualified performing artists, fee-basis state or local government officials, and employees with impairment-related work expenses.

If your employer does not reimburse you for these expenses you cannot claim them.  The new tax law has increased the Standard deduction to almost double to cover these expenses.

You may still want to fill out the section in the Federal under Deductions and Credits for your Employee Business Expenses as some states allow you to deduct these expenses.

More information about Employee Business Expenses

Look specifically at Page 2