lenaic-paul

How can i enter a foreign country in the "employee's address" box of my W2? The "Foreign country" box seems to be inactive.

In the "review" section, I am asked to "Check this entry: Form W2: Employee state - either a country or a state and zip must be entered". I am then presented with a box allowing to enter a State code, but nothing for a foreign country.
Below, the detailed view of my W2 also allows me to change the State code, but the "Foreign country" drop box seems to be inactive.
LinaJ2020

Are you saying you were located overseas while working for this employer?  What mailing address is reported on your W-2?   In the TurboTax program W-2 section, it only asks you for the employer's address, which does allow you to choose a foreign country.  See the 1st image below.

However, if you are referring to your mailing address as an employee, to edit the address, you would need to return to the My Info section in the program.  See 2nd image below.

W-2 employer foreign address

Foreign address My Info

lenaic-paul

Hello Lina,

Thank you so much for taking the time to look into this!

I am referring to my mailing address as an employee. I am living overseas. I correctly chose the "Foreign country" option in the "Type of mailing address" box. The address under "My info" is correctly entered. 

However, in the "Review" section, I am asked to "check this entry" as shown in the screenshot below.

The information shown in box "f" of the W2 is incorrect. For some reason, the country name ended up in the "City" box and the "Foreign country" box is empty.

I am able to type something in boxed circled in green. However, I am unable to update the foreign country name (circled in blue). Nothing happens when I click in the drop box or on the arrow. 

This is problematic because I seem to be unable to file my taxes unless the address is corrected.Capture.JPG

BrandiLO

Please try to go back and edit the W-2 to see if everything is entered correctly there. For instructions, please click here. If you continue to have the same problem despite confirming all information is entered correctly in the W-2, please click here to contact customer support.

icallejas044

Hi, 

I am having your exact same problem. Did you manage to get it fixed?

Thank you,

Isabel