Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

wanghy01

How can I add $1000 manully at schedule - 2, Line 10, Repayment of first-time homebuyer credit. Attach Form 5405 if required

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

How can I add $1000 manully at schedule - 2, Line 10, Repayment of first-time homebuyer credit. Attach Form 5405 if required

Click on Federal

Click on Deductions & Credits

Under Your Home

On 2008 Homebuyer Credit Repayment, click the Start or Revisit button

wanghy01

I did your steps. but my situation is that house was sold back 2013, on prior years I paid $500 with tax return up to year 2020, but this year, I cannot do it UNLESS I select Yes option, the home we received credit for still our main house on Jan. 1st 2021? any suggestions? Thanks a lot...

AmyC
Expert Alumni

Your original agreement said that when you sold the house you would repay any remainder owed. The form should have been filed in 2013 as sold and the loan paid off. You will have to mark that it is your home in order to use the form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies