luxiaoqing2010

Hi, I am qualified for tax treaty of $5000 as I am a citizen of China. Which item is this deduction? I cannot seem to find it. Thank you

LinaJ2018

In the TurboTax program, first report your full income. Then you can enter the treaty exempt amount as negative income under "less common income". You will have to file a Form 8833 to claim an exception. As TurboTax does not support Form 8833, you cannot e-file.  Instead, you may use Turbotax to prepare your return, but need to print out your tax forms and mail the returns along with the form 8833.   

-  Enter the treaty exempt amount as negative amount ( -5000) under  Federal Taxes / Less Common Income /                      Miscellaneous Income 1099A, 1099C / Other Reportable Income

-  File a Form 8833 from IRS to claim an exception.  https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8833.pdff