Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

codygum1
Returning Member

Form 982, insolvency from 1099-c

Hello! I received three 1099-c forms for cancelled debt, my tax pro said that I do not have to put these on my tax return because I am actually insolvent. He walked me through the insolvency worksheet and told me all I have to do on TT is include form 982 but I am not seeing this form, I am able to download it through the IRS website but how do I get that onto TT?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

To populate the form 982  you must do this by using the downloaded program in the forms mode using an override.  If you are not comfortable doing this then either us a local tax pro or  upgrade to one of the LIVE options online. 

View solution in original post

6 Replies
codygum1
Returning Member

Thanks for the reply! I seen that post, I searched Form 982 and it said jumped to form 982 and it took to me fill out form 1099-c. I then put in my 1099-c info but there was no location for me to put in the excluded debt. This is actually negative

To populate the form 982  you must do this by using the downloaded program in the forms mode using an override.  If you are not comfortable doing this then either us a local tax pro or  upgrade to one of the LIVE options online. 

codygum1
Returning Member

Thank you! I am comfortable with this but how exactly do I get it in forms mode on the downloaded program? I have the paper worksheet filled out I just need to input it.

codygum1
Returning Member

I was able to get it in form mode and find the 982 form, my last question is do I have to input 1099-c still if I am filling out form 982 and I am insolvent?

NO

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies