Solved: Form 8936 (2019)

Form 8936 (2019)

When will form 8936 be available on TurboTax for 2019 filings?

Form 8936 (2019)

UPDATE, 4:10 PM Pacific, February 12, 2020.

Users of the Download/CD version of TurboTax please update your software Form 8936, 8606 and 4684 are now available for immediate use.

For TurboTax online users, updates typically happen in the overnight hours, please check tomorrow morning for updates.

Thank you so much for all of your input, suggestions, and patience. 

We are listening to you, and we do appreciate you!

Intuit Approved!

Form 8936 (2019)

@gewaddell wrote:

Unfortunately, the Turbo Tax Deluxe software states that the form is not available at this time. Is there a link you can email me so that I can download it?

Update your software.  Click on Online at the top of the program screen.  Click on Check for updates.

If you get a message that the software is up to date and you are unable to access the Energy Efficient Vehicle section, then try a manual update.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a manual update on a Windows PC - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/updating/help/manually-update-turbotax-for-windows-software-basic-...

Form 8936 (2019)

Form 8936, Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit - Estimated available 02/05/2020, subject to change.

Form 8936 (2019)

The webpage says that the form is now available but my Turbotax which just updated says that the form isnt ready yet? How long does it take to integrate a form into turbotax?

Form 8936 (2019)

Form 8936 (2019)

At first it was Jan 23rd.

Then it was Feb 5th. 

And now when I check it, its Feb 12th. 

Makes me SICK, I NEED my my $5000 return, dont tell me one thing and then do another. Not cool or acceptable. Nothing is more frustrating then seeing others get their returns while you cant do anything but pray that your form will become available. 

Form 8936 (2019)

Other companies show 8936 forms are up to date and available. Ok seriously slick side ring jumping ship this year after 10+ years with TurboTax. 

Form 8936 (2019)

Dear TurboTax. This year I switched to HR Block because they had this form ready. I’ve had fraud in the past so I like to file ASAP. I know the form 8936 was released by IRS on 1/29 and I’m not willing to wait u til 2/12. As a customer I felt it was unacceptable and this year I voted with my money and went elsewhere. 

Form 8936 (2019)

Hello all, 

The fact that the forms are available on the IRS website has nothing to do with any tax software program.  The forms are available if you are going to download from the IRS to complete it on your own.  However, e-filing is different.  Once the form is finalized by the IRS, it has to be coded into the special language the software uses and has to be thoroughly tested for calculations and e-filing acceptability.  IRS then has to approve it for e-file.  It always takes a little longer for a form to become available for e-file in a software program.  I hope this helps you understand the situation.  At this point, the IRS expects to approve the form 8936 on TurboTax e-file as  02/05/2020.  I truly understand your frustration and thank you for your patience.

@pdcolemanjr @Juggar @Cpuwhiz83

Form 8936 (2019)

Turbo tax now says 2/12/2020. Goodbye turbo tax! Other have it available. I expect a refund of the money spent on your product! Changing when this form would be available 3 times is unacceptable!

Form 8936 (2019)

It now says 

Form 8936 Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit is now ready can TurboTax update the site so I can file? https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8936.pdf

13 helpful votes
Recommended Answer

Availability date is 2/7/2019.

E-fileing does not use paper forms - it transmits encrypted data in the exact format specified by the IRS or the IRS could not read it. The IRS first finalizes then paper form, then writes the e-file specifications and gives that to e-file providers to develop their software. Then the IRS must test with the e-file providers and approve the electronic forms before they can be released so that both ends are compatible. That process usually takes several weeks after the paper version has been released.

By: macuser_22 SuperUser

Form 8936 (2019)

@Kershen No it is not yet available.  The dates have changed.

Form 8936, Qualified Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit -  Estimated date available 02/12/2020

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotax_fed_online_individual.html

Form 8936 (2019)

Is the 8936 EV rebate form included in the 1019 tax package?

Form 8936 (2019)

I just used H&R to file since they have form 8936 for some time now. If they have it you have no excuse not to!

Form 8936 (2019)

Turbo Tax told me I can't E-file with form 8936 as I need to submit the original Elect New Car Cert to confirm I'm entitled to the tax credit.

How do I do that via E-file?

Form 8936 (2019)

This form is not available until 2/12/2020.

The fact that the forms are available on the IRS website has nothing to do with any tax software program.  The forms are available if you are going to download from the IRS to complete it on your own.  However, e-filing is different.  Once the form is finalized by the IRS, it has to be coded into the special language the software uses and has to be thoroughly tested for calculations and e-filing acceptability.  IRS then has to approve it for e-file.  It always takes a little longer for a form to become available for e-file in a software program.  I hope this helps you understand the situation.  At this point, the IRS expects to approve the form 8936 on TurboTax e-file as  02/12/2020.  I truly understand your frustration and thank you for your patience.