Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Form 8911 - Alternative Vehicle Refueling Property Credit not correct after update

I'm using Deluxe and filled out the questions for the Alternative Vehicle Refueling Property Credit. My census tract is not in the 2015 Census list for this credit, but it is in the 2020 List for the census credit.  TT still says my credit is $0.  According to the information provided, properties in the 2020 list are eligible for the credit.  It seems the 2/22 update is only referencing the 2015.  I'd rather not paper file after spending the money on deluxe to e-file.  I'd also rather not wait to see if TT fixes this down the road and amend my return. Is there a way to force the credit in the software so I can e-file?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Form 8911 - Alternative Vehicle Refueling Property Credit not correct after update

TurboTax is aware of issues with the Energy Credit and is working with Developers to resolve the issues.  The IRS made updates to Form 8911 Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit. TurboTax is planning to make updates around this by 03/02/2024. Please check back then to be sure you are eligible to receive this credit.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Still not working correctly after updating today.  Do you have any new information about this?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

The date was changed for this update.

TurboTax is aware of issues with the Energy Credit and is working with Developers to resolve the issues.  The IRS made updates to Form 8911 Alternative Fuel Vehicle Refueling Property Credit. TurboTax is planning to make updates around this by 03/06/2024. Please check back then to be sure you are eligible to receive this credit.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to me.  Unfortunately, Intuit can't seem to get their product right.  Just updated TT and still no recognition for addresses on the 2020 census list but not on the 2015 list.  The least they could have done was add an option to claim the credit with an "at your own risk" disclaimer. I guess the best option is to file and hope they get it right later this year and file an amended return later. 😒

bksingal

It is already March 27.  Turbo Tax has been changing the update to Form 8911 (changed several times already).  It is 3/27/24 and it is still not updated.  Dead line to file taxes is coming close.  When will the form be updated?

AmyC
Expert Alumni

I am showing form 8911 available  here.

@bksingal 

You can use this Gov Appendix  along with address locator in 8911 instructions if your address can't be found,  The GEOID identifies the state, county and census tract.

I'm on the 2020 tract and still says $0 for me.

RobertB4444
Expert Alumni

This is a non-refundable credit.  The only way to use it is if you have a tax liability for it to be used against.  Do you have a tax liability after deductions and credits?  If not then this credit rolls into next year.

@texaninaustin 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies