lebhel55

For 2018, My AGI is $33,680 and total medical expenses were $3,694, should I take the standard deduction or itemize?

Do you have enough other itemized deductions to exceed your standard deduction?  What is your filing status?  You have less than $1200 of medical expenses that "count."  Only the medical expenses that are OVER 7.5% of your AGI meet the threshold to be deductible.

They might still help on your state tax return, though.
Ashby

You only have about $1,100 (only what's above 7.5% of AGI can be deducted) to itemize from your medical. Your standard deduction is $12,000. If you don't have mortgage interest, property taxes, and donations that will get you above $12k, it's much smarter to take the standard deduction.

@TurboTaxAshby I know you meant to say "use standard deduction."  😉
Ashby

@xmasbaby0 UGH - Thank you!!

You are welcome!!!