Solved: Entered mortgage interest of $8269.00 under deductions and credits Shows up as '$0' when I complete the Deductions and Credits Review. This prevents me from itemizing?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entered mortgage interest of $8269.00 under deductions and credits Shows up as '$0' when I complete the Deductions and Credits Review. This prevents me from itemizing?

I am trying to itemize my deductions.  I entered $8,629.18 for mortgage interest and $5144.64 in taxes.  The taxes show up on the review but the Mortgage interest does not.  

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Entered mortgage interest of $8269.00 under deductions and credits Shows up as '$0' when I complete the Deductions and Credits Review. This prevents me from itemizing?

A couple things to check out:

First, be sure to double check how you entered your mortgage information on all the screens in TurboTax.  For example, if you do not select that the mortgage is secured by a property of yours, the interest will not be included as a deduction in your itemized expenses.

Second, the ability to deduct mortgage interest is much more restricted in 2018.  See more information below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300473

View solution in original post

1 Reply

A couple things to check out:

First, be sure to double check how you entered your mortgage information on all the screens in TurboTax.  For example, if you do not select that the mortgage is secured by a property of yours, the interest will not be included as a deduction in your itemized expenses.

Second, the ability to deduct mortgage interest is much more restricted in 2018.  See more information below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3300473

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings