julia1208

Entered mortgage interest of $8269.00 under deductions and credits Shows up as '$0' when I complete the Deductions and Credits Review. This prevents me from itemizing?

I am trying to itemize my deductions.  I entered $8,629.18 for mortgage interest and $5144.64 in taxes.  The taxes show up on the review but the Mortgage interest does not.  

JulieCo

A couple things to check out:

First, be sure to double check how you entered your mortgage information on all the screens in TurboTax.  For example, if you do not select that the mortgage is secured by a property of yours, the interest will not be included as a deduction in your itemized expenses.

Second, the ability to deduct mortgage interest is much more restricted in 2018.  See more information below:

JulieCo

A couple things to check out: