Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Energy Efficient Home Improvement Credit Problem

When completing my taxes using Turbo Tax Premier I went through the process of entering all the necessary information to claim a tax credit for the above.  Everything looked fine as when I started Turbo Tax asked all the appropriate questions (Form 56950) and when completed Turbo Tax showed the Credit had been allowed and the amount of Refund that had been showing was increased by the amount of the Credit.  Thinking everything was fine I proceeded to finish my return  but happened to notice the amount of Refund had reverted back to where it was before the Credit was allowed.  I did a "Federal Review" and found  the  Credit was not listed, however when a did the review of "Taxes and Credits" it was still shown.  So, somewhere between entering the info under Taxes and Credits and the finished product, it disappeared.  I did a Chat Session with a Turbo Rep who stated I should have used the Deluxe Version but as he was trying to send me a link to explain how to transport my data to the Deluxe Version we were cut off.  Began a new Chat Session and was advised that the prio Rep was wrong that the Premier was the higher version.  She stated it was a software issue and that an update was being worked on.  Has anyone else had a similar problem and if so has the problem been corrected, or suggest an action that I can take.  My taxes are complete with this exception but I certainly don't want to file without getting the Credit that I'm entitled to.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Energy Efficient Home Improvement Credit Problem

Form 5695 has been temporarily pulled for updating. Please check back this weekend or later.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies