turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Does Turbo Tax 2023 support entering energy tax credits (solar, storage batteries) for a recreational vehicle?

I tried entering the cost for solar battery storage but it requires that I enter an address for the home.  Since this is for an RV, there is no permanent address.  Should I use my home address?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Does Turbo Tax 2023 support entering energy tax credits (solar, storage batteries) for a recreational vehicle?

Thanks Amy.  That's what I thought.

How do I go about entering this into Turbo Tax?  As stated, when I tried to enter this under Home Energy Credits in the Your Home deduction section, Turbo Tax required that I enter an address for the residence.  

Is this the right place?  If yes, what address do I enter?

If not, please let me know how I can go about entering this info.

Thanks again Amy, Paul

View solution in original post

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

Yes, you are in the correct place in the tax return.  Use your home address to claim the credit.

@bonifp 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
AmyC
Expert Alumni

Yes. since your RV has no permanent address but does qualify.

Energystar states under battery storage:

The home served by this system does not have to be the taxpayer's principal residence. A principal residence is the home where you live most of the time. The home must be in the United States. It can include a house, houseboat, mobile home, cooperative apartment, condominium, and a manufactured home.

Thanks Amy.  That's what I thought.

How do I go about entering this into Turbo Tax?  As stated, when I tried to enter this under Home Energy Credits in the Your Home deduction section, Turbo Tax required that I enter an address for the residence.  

Is this the right place?  If yes, what address do I enter?

If not, please let me know how I can go about entering this info.

Thanks again Amy, Paul

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

Yes, you are in the correct place in the tax return.  Use your home address to claim the credit.

@bonifp 

Thanks Annette & Amy!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies