Solved: Do I need to itemize Permanent Improvements for the house we sold? No documents are asked to prove that we have spent a few thousand dollars. Did I miss something?

Do I need to itemize Permanent Improvements for the house we sold? No documents are asked to prove that we have spent a few thousand dollars. Did I miss something?

You didn't miss anything. You do not have to show the details of the improvements on your tax return. Keep the information with your tax records in case the IRS questions your tax return later.