To change your deductions in TurboTax follow these steps:
- Sign into your TurboTax account > Click Tax Tools from the left-side menu.
- Select Tools from the drop-down menu.
- Click Topic Search, type Standard Deduction and click Go.
- On the next screen, Select change my deduction at the bottom of the screen
You can learn more what can be included in your itemized deductions here:
Try this instead. Log back into TurboTax and select any tax topic to access your information.
- Go back to your Deductions & Credits Screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select Wrap up Tax Breaks.
- You should continue through the screens until you see the following screen:
Your information will be summarized based upon your input. You have the option to see the breakdown and you can select "Change my deduction" here.
Please note, TurboTax will select the option which provides the greater tax benefit for you.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"