turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Closing proceeds /gift

Tricare is health insurance for military members and their families.  Genworth is  long term health care coverage that pays a monthly benefit.  Sounds like you may be ok but a quick phone call to that attorney would be wise.
Carl
Level 15

Closing proceeds /gift

" She is a WW2 veteran and was stationed at Los Alamo Lab in New Mexico where they made the first nuclear bomb."
I would absolutely LOVE to sit down for a day with a camcorder and just listen to your mom talk about those days! There is no better way to learn from history, than to hear it directly from somebody who was there. As a retired AF NCO I didn't serve in "the good ole days" like you rmom and because of that have always had a keen interest in military history before my time of service.
If anything I encourage you do to this while you still can. Your children and grand children will absolutely love you for it, and will treasure such a recording of "grandma" for all time.
st-joseph

Closing proceeds /gift

Thank you for your kind words. I already did just what you stated for the same reason. Thank you for your service as well. I had a neighbor who was in the Air Force in WW2 and whenever he had something broken or needing repair I was there and did not charge him for helping him. He just had to pay for the materials. It was my way to say 'Thank you' to him. He was a firefighter on the airport but did not tell me where. God bless our veterans.
st-joseph

Closing proceeds /gift

I don't know everything that my mom have because she have professionals helping her. My mom is that kind of person to turn something away and let someone else have it if they need it more. My mom would put veterans first before herself. Nurses usually put others before themselves. Nurses who dedicated their live to veterans during WW2 are the best and they really do put veterans first before themselves. They are very protective of veterans. I think my mother have government benefits for life because my father worked for the government for 30 years. He died early and mother still receives benefits from the government under him, so I think that is why she did not opt for Tricare. Most people do not know about her background and she is modest and does not tell people what she did. There was times when I had to inform the person about her background and husband because I know she qualifies and is eligible for veteran's benefits. Thank you all again for your inputs on this matter.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies