llepoer

Can I use the Massachusetts Septic tax credit carry forward after I sell the property?

We need to replace our septic system before we can sell our house.  I know the septic credit is maxed at $1500/year beginning in the year costs were incurred.  If I sell the house next year can I still use the carry forward?
DanPaul02

I can see no reason why you would not be able to carry the deduction forward, even if you no longer own the property where the septic tank was improved.

llepoer65

Thank you DanPaul02.  I received an email response from the MA DOR confirming the credit carry forward can be used after the sale of the property, as long as the property was the primary residence when the septic work was completed.