gchris2000

Can I defer some of my carryover property donation deductions to a later year in order to get the full tax credit for purchasing an electric car? If yes, how do I do it?

You can't defer a carryover. If you don't use it when you're eligible to use it, you will lose it. 

Zbucklyo

What do you mean by your carryover property donation deductions?  Are you referring to charitable donations?  If so, you can only carryover charitable contributions to the amount allowed by law - you can't decide arbitrarily to carry them over.
gchris2000

These are real estate charitable donations that are being carried over from previous years since only a limited amount can be deducted in a given year. I still have a large amount of carryover from 2015 and 2016.