Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I deduct with the biomass tax credit? I installed a wood burning stove in my home last year and qualify for the biomass tax credit. I do not see it as an option.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
DaveF1006
Expert Alumni

Can I deduct with the biomass tax credit? I installed a wood burning stove in my home last year and qualify for the biomass tax credit. I do not see it as an option.

Yes, you will be able to claim the biomass wood burning stove as an energy credit for 2021 according to IRS.gov. Go to:

1. federal>deduction and credits
  2. Your home>Home Energy Credits
  3. As you go through the screens, you will reach the screen that says Tell Us How Much You Paid for Energy-Saving Improvements
  4. Select Energy-Efficient Building Property. if you click on the Learn more link, a Biomass Fuel Stove is listed.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@DaveF1006   @saramarie1996wis 

ooooo...CAREFUL NOW !...not in Energy-Efficient Buidling Property....that's a BUG in the Learn More text that has improperly carried over from last year...and prior years.

New for 2021, (properly efficient) Biomass stoves are a 26% credit on one of the later pages with all the Solar/Wind/Geothermal/&FuelCell tax credits:

Biomass_Online_1.png

Biomass_Online_2.png

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies