aviatrix173

Can I deduct school expenses and uniform expenses for work, from my taxes? And if I’m able to do so, where do I input this information?

JOB RELATED EXPENSES

Only the amount of job-related expenses that are OVER 2% of your adjusted gross income get added to your list of itemized deductions, which still must exceed your standard deduction in order to make a difference on your return.  This is kind of a hard deduction to get.  If you need to enter these, go to Federal>Deductions and Credits>Employment Expenses>Job-Related Expenses.

What kind of school expenses?

JOB RELATED EXPENSES