Solved: Can I deduct Private Mortgage Insurance? I received a letter from Chase Mortgage stating that legislature changed.

Can I deduct Private Mortgage Insurance? I received a letter from Chase Mortgage stating that legislature changed.

Private mortgage insurance premiums can be entered in TurboTax as follows:

Enter your private mortgage insurance premiums in box 5 of your 1098 entry screen:

1. With your return open, search for 1098 and select the Jump to link at the top of your search results.
  2. Follow the instructions and questions.
  3. Soon, you'll come to the 1098 entry screen. Your PMI/MIP is entered in Box 5 – Mortgage insurance premiums.

[Edited 03.18.20 | 11:58 am]

[Edited 03.18.20 | 11:58 am]