turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ckoz

Can i deduct medical expenses for my search and rescue k9 after an injury from a search

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Can i deduct medical expenses for my search and rescue k9 after an injury from a search

Yes, you may deduct the costs of owning and operating your search and rescue dog as charitable donations on your return, including the vet bills if he is injured.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Yes, you may deduct the costs of owning and operating your search and rescue dog as charitable donations on your return, including the vet bills if he is injured.

ckoz

Thank you!  I'm guessing that I will input those under donated items vs money?

Yes, they are not treated as non-cash donations.  Thank you for this service you do.
ckoz

Thank you for yours!  I wish I knew I could deduct these expenses 7 years ago!  I only did mileage.

You can amend the open years 2015, 2016. and 2017, to claim a refund.  Just search "Amend My Return in TurboTax" in the search bar above.
ckoz

Thank you!!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies