anowl73

Can I claim my new outside doors on form number 5695

Those tax credits expired at the end of 2016 and are not available on a 2017 tax return.  They are part of a package of "tax extenders" that are stuck in Congress.

If the tax extenders pass and are made retroactive, they will be added back to the program.  In that case, an exterior door qualifies only if it meets or exceeds the specific requirements of the Energy Star program version 6.0.  The credit is 10% of the cost of the door, not including installation, and there is a lifetime limit of $300 for all credits for doors and windows claimed under the program since 2006.