• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steflach23

Can I claim car rental for Germany & US while my car is in transit? Where exactly do I list it? Under Travel & Lodging for you and your Household, under Moving Expenses?

I moved from Germany to the US for the government. Can I claim car rental for Germany and US while my car is in transit mode? If so, where exactly do I list it? Under Travel and Lodging for you and your Household under Moving Expenses?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Khai

Can I claim car rental for Germany & US while my car is in transit? Where exactly do I list it? Under Travel & Lodging for you and your Household, under Moving Expenses?

Yes. If your current employer does not cover the costs for the rental car, then you may deduct those costs under 'Travel and Lodging'.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Khai

Yes. If your current employer does not cover the costs for the rental car, then you may deduct those costs under 'Travel and Lodging'.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v