turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Baby 2020

$1,400 is the 3rd Stimulus payment.  Nothing you can do about it now.  If they don't send it to you then you will add it to your 2021 return next year.  Like the $1,100 was added to 2020. Sorry you have to wait to get it.

Baby 2020

@Sixthsissy  wrote:

I checked line 30 on my tax forms it shows $1100. I get that. 

I'm referring to why my baby never got tje stimulas we all received?? Wasn't the stimulus we got $1400??? Either way, I never received the monies. Now what??

$1100 is the correct recovery rebate amount for a child born in 2020.  This covers round 1 and round 2 of the stimulus payments.

Round 3 of the stimulus payment ($1400) was paid by the IRS based on your 2019 or 2020 tax information.  If you filed late, or they were backlogged in processing it, then when they were sending the $1400 payments, they did not have your updated dependent information.  It is possible that they will send the stimulus later this year.  If not, you will claim it as a credit on your 2021 tax return.

There is nothing you can do to make the IRS pay the $1400 to you.  There is no web site to update this particular bit of information and no tax preparer can intercede.  But you will get it on your tax return.

The $1400 round 3 stimulus is separate from the advance child tax credit payments.  It sounds like those started on time for you. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies