Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

deedeeh81

We got the 08 home owner credit in 09. The softwear will not let me put the real date of purchace in. How to I correct this? Why are they even asking about this again?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ChristieB

We got the 08 home owner credit in 09. The softwear will not let me put the real date of purchace in. How to I correct this? Why are they even asking about this again?

Are you required to pay back your Homebuyers Credit? 

Only those who received the credit in 2008 were required to repay this amount beginning in 2010, and this section adds their repayment amount to their tax return. 

Those that received the credit in 2009 did not have to repay the amount that they received, so if this applies to you then you can leave this section blank. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301433

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ChristieB

Are you required to pay back your Homebuyers Credit? 

Only those who received the credit in 2008 were required to repay this amount beginning in 2010, and this section adds their repayment amount to their tax return. 

Those that received the credit in 2009 did not have to repay the amount that they received, so if this applies to you then you can leave this section blank. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3301433

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies