elizabeth-larin

Are borough taxes deductible as part of property tax?

I live in PA.  I pay "school real estate tax", "real estate tax," and "borough" tax. Are all of these considered property taxes for my federal tax return?  How about for my state taxes?  thanks!

re2boys

Most areas of PA have three  real estate tax bills:   county, municipality (township, borough, city), and school district.

Sometimes it is three separate bills, most often the county and municipality are combined on one billing.  Most times the school district bills separately.  As long as the tax is based on the assessed value of the property, it is deductible on your federal income tax return.

PA does not have a deduction for property taxes on your PA income tax return.

re2boys