Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Advance Credit Payment sent where!?

I did not receive my credit payment today, and out of curiosity I went and checked to make sure they did use my turbocard information since that is the only payment method I ever use for taxes past 5 years. 

Payment shows sent, but to some RANDOM ACCOUNT NUMBER!?!? I have no idea where this account came from. 

I did get an advance refund this year and last year, is this going to mess up this payment now!? Wow goodbye extra cash 😡

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Advance Credit Payment sent where!?

Did you get a NEW debit card this year when you filed?   If so the "random" number on your tax return is the temporary account set up at the processing bank to receive your refund before sending it to the debit card.   If so it can take 3 business days for the money to go thru the processing bank then onto the debit card. 

Per this Yahoo article:   https://money.yahoo.com/9-possible-reasons-didn-t-160623748.html

It went to the wrong bank account

The IRS used direct deposit info it had on file from your 2020 (and, if that hadn’t been filed or processed yet, your 2019) tax return and the stimulus checks to determine where to send your child tax credit payment. If you’ve changed banks since then, your money may have gone to the wrong account.

With the stimulus checks, if the IRS tried to send a deposit to a closed account, the bank rejected it and returned the money. The IRS then defaulted to mailing a paper check. This will likely happen with child tax credit payments sent to closed accounts, as well.

You can update your bank account information in the Child Tax Credit Update Portal. Do so by Aug. 2 to have it take effect for the Aug. 13 payment.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies