Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tkfore21

Adoption form keeps coming up. Deleting the child record does not work

Thank you for sending out buggy software. I am unable to remove the child from the adoption form, which I do not need. No matter what I do, it keeps coming back. Great software folks. Can't file at all because of this bug.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/tax-forms/view-delete-forms-turbotax-onl...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Tkfore21

Your instructions do not work. While I am able to delete the form, Turbo Tax adds the form right back in. There is nothing in any other form that points to an adoption.  Turbo Tax is broken.

@Tkfore21 

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Customer support is available from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m. Pacific time

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

Check your child entries in the MY INFO section to be sure that none indicate 'adopted child'.  Several screens after you enter the child's name, birthdate, etc. is a screen asking about status.  Something is pointing to Form 8839 in your case, but we can't see your return in this forum, as they can at Tech Support.

If you're using TurboTax Online, Delete Form 8839 from your return, then close TurboTax completely.  Clear your Cache and Cookies.   Then re-open TurboTax (maybe try a different browser?) to see if Form 8839 has been permanently deleted. 

@Tkfore21 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies