Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Adding 167.00 in travel expenses bus fare, cab fare etc.

out of almostc200.oo in travel expenses yo and from work and weekend work when busses did not run. I have a driver's license  but no vehicle.
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

I didn't only travel cab fare to and from work I was taking care of family member who is permanently disabled and now I'm permanently disabled. I also had to move August 2020 and I reside different location residence By Sept. 2020.

Carl
Level 15

If this was for a W-2 job, then be aware that all W-2 job related expenses are not deductible.

@barhamregina93-g Sorry but nothing you mentioned is deductible.   You cannot deduct the costs of traveling to and from work or to visit/help your relative.   And moving expenses are only deductible on a federal return for certain active duty members of the military.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4482873-which-federal-tax-deductions-have-been-suspended-by-tax-re...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies