Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Who qualifies for MN Credit for Attaining Master’s Degree in Teacher’s Licensure Field? I'm a teacher who is back in school to get my masters.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

Who qualifies for MN Credit for Attaining Master’s Degree in Teacher’s Licensure Field? I'm a teacher who is back in school to get my masters.

Updated for Tax Year 2019:

According to the Minnesota Department of Revenue's Master’s Degree in Teacher’s Licensure Field:

“You may qualify for this credit if all of the following are true:

• You began a master's degree program after June 30, 2017.
  • Your program was in reading, English or language arts, mathematics, science, foreign languages, civics and government, economics, arts, history, or geography.
  • You completed your program in the year you claim the credit.
  • Your program did not include a pedagogy component. (Pedagogy is the method and practice of teaching.)
  • You held a Minnesota teaching license issued by the Minnesota Department of Education when you began and completed your program.
  • You paid for tuition or required fees, books, or instructional materials for your program.

If you are a part-year or nonresident, you may qualify for the credit based on the percentage of your income taxable to Minnesota.”

Please see the link above for more information.

[Edited 3|16|2020 8:06 am]

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JohnW15
Intuit Alumni

Updated for Tax Year 2019:

According to the Minnesota Department of Revenue's Master’s Degree in Teacher’s Licensure Field:

“You may qualify for this credit if all of the following are true:

• You began a master's degree program after June 30, 2017.
  • Your program was in reading, English or language arts, mathematics, science, foreign languages, civics and government, economics, arts, history, or geography.
  • You completed your program in the year you claim the credit.
  • Your program did not include a pedagogy component. (Pedagogy is the method and practice of teaching.)
  • You held a Minnesota teaching license issued by the Minnesota Department of Education when you began and completed your program.
  • You paid for tuition or required fees, books, or instructional materials for your program.

If you are a part-year or nonresident, you may qualify for the credit based on the percentage of your income taxable to Minnesota.”

Please see the link above for more information.

[Edited 3|16|2020 8:06 am]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies