turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Tstarz25

8862 form

How do i Efile using the app and attaching the form 8862 with my tax info OR DO I HAVE TO MAIL IT IN?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

9 Replies

8862 form

Form 8862, Information to Claim Certain Refundable Credits after Disallowance, is available for e-filing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

8862 form

you may have to upgrade to deluxe so form can be included in e-file.  or you can get copy from the IRS website and mail it in with your return. 

Tstarz25

8862 form

I added the pics to my documents and it still got rejected. 

8862 form

Same here..it got rejected twice even after I came back to fix it. I don’t know what to do 😥

8862 form

My taxes are being rejected cuz it say I have to file 8862 form and I don't know how to do that. I filed on TurboTax.com

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

8862 form

Here's how to file Form 8862 in TurboTax:

1. Open your return if you don't already have it open. (To do this, sign in to TurboTax and select Pick up where you left off button.)
  2. In the search box, search for 8862 and then select the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. You'll come to the Earned Income Credit section. Select Continue.
  4. Answer the questions and eventually you'll be asked Do any of these uncommon situations apply? Check the box that says, I/we got a letter/notice from the IRS telling me/us to fill out an 8862 form to claim the Earned Income Credit.
  5. Select Continue and then Done.
  6. On the Since you got an IRS notice, we need to check on a few things screen, select the radio button next to No, none of these apply and I need to fill out the 8862 form.
  7. Select Continue.
  8. Answer the remaining questions.

Read the original post here.

@Brandond2053

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
DonMJuann

8862 form

It means you have one or two sections missing the form.

You have to click the check mark that says you have to file form 8862 in the Earned Income Section AND in the Child Tax Credit or Other Dependent Credit or Additional Child Tax Credit.  

Chele0626

8862 form

I called the irs and I faxed my 8862 form I just trying to see how the process goes as of right now I’m getting a tax advocate because my return was accepted until the 20th then they try to reject it and say I need a 8862 form

JohnW222
Expert Alumni

8862 form

It sounds like you’ve done what you needed to do as far as FAXing Form 8862 to the IRS.  At this point, you should just wait until the IRS contacts you.

If you’ve already been in touch with the Taxpayer Advocate, and they’ve accepted your case, be sure to follow their instructions.  They’re working for you, with your best interests in mind.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies